Sunday, January 23, 2011

January 20th- Walking around Galway

The group


Me trying to be creative


Eyre Square

Shop Street.


That's what I can an Irish haircut!



     
     Woke up early to have class before we took a walking tour of Galway.  Like I said before, Galway is an amazing town with mostly young people.  The University of Galway is located near the downtown area, so all the stores and restaurants are always filled with people.  There is a street called shop street where it is only open to pedestrians and is full of great shops and pubs.  Other than walking around Galway we had the rest of the day to ourselves.  I went into some shops and bought gifts for people and believe it or not, I ate at my first McDonald's in Ireland.  I was actually very surprised at how much nicer the McDonald's are in Ireland than in the States.  After walking around the town I went back to the hotel and had a relaxing evening making it an early night.    

1 comment: