Sunday, January 16, 2011

January 15th- To Killybegs we go!

Group Shot
Stopped and had lunch at the Abbey

View from our Bay View Hotel


Sheep everywhere!


The coast
     Today was a light day.  We stopped at a family owned and operated wool and weaving factory in Donegal.  A lot of people bought clothes and hats, I just don't have any room in my bag for anything else!  After the wool factory we went to our Hotel in Killybegs called The Bay View Hotel.  This was another small but fun town.  Luckily Arsenal was play West Ham at a local bar so I went over to watch the game where a lot of the locals were crowded around the bar.  Obviously I wasn't trying to keep up pint for pint with these guys, but needless to say I enjoyed myself.  After the game I headed back to the hotel to clean up for dinner.  The hotel had a great dinner with a live band playing at night.  Our class enjoyed reflecting on our trip thus far, and the live music made for a fun little event.  I can't believe the trip is already half way over, it has gone by so fast!  I am extremely excited for tomorrow as we are hiking the highest cliffs in Europe called the Slieve League. 

No comments:

Post a Comment