Monday, January 17, 2011

January 16th-Great Day.

Slieve League


The wind almost blew me over!



Seven of us hiked the highest cliffs in Europe!


Me and Father Tom


Yeats Grave
The rainbow at the end of the hike!

    This was one of my favorite days.  Seven of us hiked Slieve League which was absolutely amazing.  Slieve League is the highest cliffs in Europe.  The hike took about an hour and half each way, but was extremely rewarding.  The wind was 70-90 mph which made it even more of an adventure.  After hiking to the top of half dome, the highest point of the mountain, we made our decent to the bottom.  On the way daown it started to rain for about five minutes.  This may sound bad, but after having no water this was very refreshing.  After the five minutes of rain a huge rainbow appeared where the colors were vivid and showed up perfectly.  This was truly a sign from God and finished off the hike in a perfect way.   Today was spectacular in every way, which made it my favorite day of the trip so far.  After the hike we headed back to a new hotel.  I finally had my first burger in Ireland. I asked for a hamburger with bacon, cheese, lettuce, and tomato.  The waiter looked at me and said, "wait, you want that all on your burger? Or do you mean a BLT??".  I said no, I want that all on my burger. In Ireland they don't usually put lettuce and tomato on their burgers, so I had to pay extra for the toppings and got a strange look from the waiter.  The burger was amazing and after I went into my room and feel asleep directly after because I was so exhausted from my hike!   

1 comment: